Friday, February 18, 2011

On My Mind

What a GLORIOUS sunny day today!  And the temp is 45*F (in Michigan, that is WARM!)  I really should go out and take a walk and soak up some of this sunshine. I just might as soon as I'm done writing this :-)

The past 2 days I have been tearing my kitchen apart and really destashing! I have re-organized my cupboards, thrown a LOT away and took even more to the Goodwill!  And while I was putting some groceries away, I found some things to toss or combine and then toss, out of my refrigerator.  Why do my kids almost use something up (like salad dressing or tartar sauce) and the open another bottle of the same?!?!? *hrumph!*

Needless to say I am very happy and proud of myself for all I have accomplished over these last 2 days.  I just love it when there are empty spaces in my cupboards.  Since I preparing to move house (hopefully sooner than later!) to a smaller house or even a townhouse, I am happy to be downsizing now rather then having a HUGE project facing me when the time actually arrives to move. 

Oh and...the cleaning and de-cluttering is part of my decision to SIMPLIFY my life and my surroudings.  Whilst I love going to the Goodwill to see what I can find, I have turned off the 'BUY' switch (other than groceries and toiletries).  And when it comes to toiletries, I am simplifying as well. I truly adore baby products such as baby bath, lotion and shampoo.  And by buying the store brands, I'm saving a lot of money!

So roll on 2011!  It's off to a great start already!

Have a wonderful day!

~Dana

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ooh I'm the first to comment! It doesn't seem that long ago I was a baby blogger;o)
I tried to reply to a comment you left me yesterday but it says you are a no-reply blogger, if you're not sure how to fix it please ask and I will try my best to help out!
In the meantime enjoy blogging and I look forward to getting to know you better!
Have fun
Michelle

Dana said...

Thank you Michelle!

I hope I fixed the 'no reply' thingy...why would that be a default setting I wonder? *shrugging*

I'm toying with using either this blog or another one I've just begun:

"Life on Lake Michigan"

That one feels more like "I can talk about anything" and then include the stuff (I have grand plans of making) for Etsy. *more shrugging*

Blessings!

life in this 1880 farmhouse said...

I was to commend you on your efforts. It is hard to do things outside our realm.No buy takes a lot of effort at Goodwill!!!
I too am trying to downsize on articles around the house. Not buying is good way around this. I think it would be easier without dearest around.

Thank you so much for all your comments on my blog. I do so appreciate your added discussions.

Marlyn
Heritage Farmgirl